What are the benefits of Hooping?
- Hooping is a positive and fun activity that the entire family can enjoy.
- Hooping increases energy and stamina, develops balance and coordination and improves flexibility.
- Hooping calms and quiets the mind, relieves stress and promotes laughter.
- Hooping works the glutes, thighs and abdominals while improving body strength
- Hooping burns approximately 500 calories per hour!
- Hooping is a low impact aerobic exercise so there is no risk for injury.
- No prior hoop experience is needed. EVERYONE can hoop!
- Hooping makes you smile 🙂
We bring the Hoopla to enrichment and after-school programs, pre-schools, Family Fun Nights and any organized event where having FUN is the key. Our programs are created for grades Pre-K thru 12 and tailored to all grades, ages and abilities. In all programs, we discuss the importance of health and nutrition while teaching students to use the hoop as a form of play and exercise. Encouraging and spirited instruction supports each child’s confidence and self-esteem to ensure a successful and empowering program for everyone.
Hoopin’ with Mommy n’ Me: Mommies, Daddies, Aunties, Uncles, and anyone else who would like to share the joys of hooping with the little one in their life are welcome.
Ages 2-3: With Mommy close by, your little one will be engaging in hands-on movement activities essential to proper development in coordination, recognizing music and rhythms, counting and timing, and self-confidence. Students learn to stretch and dance through the use of the hoop and a variety of hoop games. Moms love this opportunity to be a part of their child’s dance education. We will also have open play time for your little hooper-to-be and encourage expression through music.
Pre-K thru 2: a multi-function hoop class that combines physical education with building cognitive learning and motor skills. We focus on colors, counting, balance, rhythm, and hand-eye coordination activities while exploring imagination, play and movement within the hoop.
Grades 3-8: a high-energy hoop class where we practice a variety of hoop games that build stamina and focus, increase flexibility and foster team-building, leadership and cooperative play. We teach on and off body hoop tricks and techniques while offering individualized instruction to create an exciting class for all hoopers.
* bringtheHoopla@gmail.com * 203-615-1116